BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 09-16-2012, 12:31 PM
Lurker

Default 150cc gy6 wont start...

I have a Helix 150cc gy6 buggy and I cannot get it to start, I have replaced the stater, flywheel, magneto,cdi,coil,plug,and ignition switch. Bypassed the safety switches and I still am not getting spark. We were riding it and it all of a sudden just quit running. I don't know what else to do, please somebody help!
Old 09-16-2012, 05:40 PM

do you have spark anywhere in the series, have u check to see if you have spark from the stator when u turn the engine over? start there and work ur way forward in the series
Old 09-16-2012, 07:52 PM
Lurker

Yes I am getting spark all the way to the coil...then it stops there...I know the coil is good checked it on another machine...one guy thinks it is the wiring harness, but I have never heard of a harness just going out,.that's why I'm lost...
Old 09-17-2012, 04:09 AM

this happpened to me on a quad i had with just one semi broken wire in the harness. sometimes it would connect and run and then it would just seperate slightly and i would be dead in the water! took it to the shop several times but they couldnt find the poblem off hand because evertime they check the harness it was making connection. finally one time went to shop to pick it up and it happened as the tech was riding it out of the shop and we were able to trace it! turned out the entire harness was getting brittle so we replaced the whole thing and no more problems!
Old 09-17-2012, 06:14 PM
Lurker

Thanks for the input...now if I can just find a wire harness...if u know of anybody please let me know...it is a fox helix 150cc..thanks
Old 09-17-2012, 06:56 PM

cant say for sure but id check with tom at syc powersports first to see if he could help as far as im concerned he is the go to man!