BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 04-07-2016, 07:38 AM
Lurker

Default GY6 Go Kart Leaking Oil - Need New Head

Hi,
I recently bought a 150 CC go kart, we ran it for several weeks but then it started leaking oil. I made sure to keep oil somewhere from the head and dripping onto the exhaust. We continued to run it a little but it just go to be to much and uncomfortable considering how much oil was leaking out. I tore into the engine expecting to find a broken gasket but ended up finding something much worse. Turns out the nut and stud on the rocker arm worked it's way out and bounced around inside the valve cover, it ended up getting between the camshaft and head. This had enough force it cracked the head under the camshaft in the cavity above behind the spark plug.

Now I am on the search for a new head, unfortunately after days of research I appears I have a very uncommon GY6 engine. It is the b-block with 57mm stud spacing and my valve cover is only two bolts not four. I didn't have any plans of replacing the top end, was just wanting to replace the head. Now comes the question, does anyone know of someone that would carry the head that I have, if needed i could buy a new four bolt valve cover but I am having trouble even finding a standard 57mm bore with 57mm stud spacing. I have found a few very large 63mm big bore kits that may work but I am not wanting to spend that kind of money. I have loaded a few pictures of the head and damage to the link below. Thank you in advance.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...Xh2S1RyclRxN0U
Old 04-07-2016, 09:45 AM
Supporting Vendor

First measure center to center diagonally eg. (top right to bottom left or visa versa) you should either have 3" or 3 1/8". Also do you know the brand of the buggy?
Old 04-07-2016, 10:44 AM
Lurker

It is a Mudcat 150 which looks to be an off brand. I will double check the measurements think it was about 80mm which is just over 3". I am pretty sure it is the 57mm stud spacing. Engine is marked as a "NewAge 157QMJ".
Old 04-07-2016, 11:06 AM
Lurker

I found this on another site that now appears to be a scam, this is identical to mine.

57mm spacing, overall head is 73mm tall, two bolt valve cover and the stud bolts and bolts on the side of the timing chain do not align.
http://www.sunlpartsonline.com/cylin...s-p-11630.html