BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 05-01-2016, 11:25 PM
Lurker

Default ID Help

Gents! I could really use some help ID'ing my barn find Go Kart. The owner wasn't sure where or when it was purchased exactly by her son. I am including the only marking I can find. The 150CC motor has ASW on the side. I am in the processing of restoring and I need a new shifter assembly. Any help on where to get parts would be GREATLY appreciated.

Attachment 8665

Attachment 8666

Attachment 8667
Old 05-02-2016, 12:42 AM
Lurker

Look up carbide 150 shifter of google.
Old 05-02-2016, 11:55 AM
Supporting Vendor

I don't remember which year, but Manco was purchased by ASW (American Sport Works). The fox was the old Manco buggy which ASW kept for a few years before redesign to the Carbide.Your attachment 8667 I assume is the shift control that mounts to the shift lever on trans and has 2 cables running to it. I have a good stock of ASW parts but would need a bit more information. You can give me a call @ 662-301-1563 and I can get you what you need.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:50 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxman View Post
Look up carbide 150 shifter of google.
\

Thanks Traxman, I found it on Ebay and ordered one this morning!
Old 05-02-2016, 10:53 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCARMS View Post
I don't remember which year, but Manco was purchased by ASW (American Sport Works). The fox was the old Manco buggy which ASW kept for a few years before redesign to the Carbide.Your attachment 8667 I assume is the shift control that mounts to the shift lever on trans and has 2 cables running to it. I have a good stock of ASW parts but would need a bit more information. You can give me a call @ 662-301-1563 and I can get you what you need.
Thanks SYCARMS. You are now in my phone. I have other pieces I need so I will give you a call. Overall after replacing the fuel lines it actually runs really well for sitting in a barn for two years. Just needs replacement parts here and there. Thanks so much for the help!