BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 10-02-2012, 08:44 AM
Lurker

Default Should I buy a Trailmaster xrs-150?

What do you experienced members think of the Trailmaster Karts? I have never owned a buggy before. I have been looking through a bunch of forums trying to find the best buggy to buy. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 10-02-2012, 03:00 PM

Thumbs up more info

It just depends on what ur buying. New or used?, does it have everything ur looking for in a buggy?,is the price comparable? lots of different things, but as for the buggy its self I here its as good a 150 as the others out there
Old 10-02-2012, 03:01 PM

by the way welcome to the addiction!!!
Old 10-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Lurker

I am thinking about buying a new one. I am just trying to get something that is decent. I don't want to end up with a piece of junk like I keep hearing about with the cheap Chinese buggies. This all stated out by looking for a go Kart for my daughters. I wanted to get something American made, but it appears that they are all made in China. Now I have evolved into getting a Kart for me and my wife and one for the kids. Talk about addiction!!!
Old 10-03-2012, 10:55 AM

Smile A little help

See if this helps u any, in the general discussion part of this forum buggymaster does a review of used buggys to buy, check it out!
Old 10-03-2012, 12:01 PM
Lurker

Yeah, Thanks. I checked out the reviews and didn't see much about the Trailmasters.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:05 PM

Smile

Sorry, just thought it might help u see what all there is to offer out there maybe someone else on this forum will have some personal input?!
Old 04-21-2014, 02:34 PM
Lite Contributor

Default Trail Master Pro 150CC Go-Kart

I have been researching this buggy. I found it on line for $1629 delivered. According to the spec's it is a good buggy. I have watched the you tube video about assembly of this buggy. Appears to be well made. I have also watched a video of the buggy in action. Not certain about the quality of the 150CC engine they are using in this buggy but it appears to be a standard 150CC engine except that it has a built in reverse instead of a separate reverse unit. Probably an ATV type engine. From what I read it uses a short case 150CC with the standard 743 belt, Variator and Clutch which means it should accept a Dr. Pulley Variator and Hit Clutch. According to the spec's it has a weight capacity of 500lbs and will comfortably seat 2 adults. The only thing I didn't like in the spec's is the fact that it has a speed limiter. If they are referring to the stock CDI that would be an easy fix. I intend to purchase this buggy for myself to use along with the Roketa GK-06 I have sitting in my garage that I use frequently. It has a Dr. Pulley Variator and Hit Clutch as well as a 'no rev limit' CDI. The first thing I am going to do when I get the Trail Master Pro 150 CC G0-Kart (after checking the fluids) is install a Dr. Pulley Variator and hit clutch and a 'no rev limit' CDI. Should be a blast! Check out the videos on you tube. They may help you to make a decision.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:49 PM
Contributor

I would recommend the Trailmaster buggy. I have the XRX which is the same buggy except for some minor cosmetic differences. The buggy is nice once modded. Just temper your expectations of the performance stock. You will definitely want to mod it so you can really enjoy it.

Hammerhead 250GTS
White Torque and Clutch Springs, 18g Rollers, R2C Filter, Ported Polished and Shaved Head, Hammerhead Exhaust
Old 04-21-2014, 05:16 PM

This is a nice looking, solid buggy! I believe the engine is compatible to the carbide 150, and hammerhead. The internal reverse is no problem to work on if needed also!
Old 04-22-2014, 12:20 AM
Contributor

trailmasters are good buggies,stock is pretty decent,but once you invest in a few mods,that opens the doorway to alot more fun! its funny when u zigzag past ur buddies riding rhinos and rzrs on the trails due to thier width,lol. just be sure on your fresh break in,about your first 3 oil changes,should be changed every few hours of riding. the gy6 oil filters are only a screen style filter,fine break in shavings can slip past your screen. i did not have this issue with mine,but it is better safe than sorry. welcome to the forum!
Old 04-22-2014, 07:55 AM

Thats what I tell people about my single seaters, most of the places I go, the guys riding the big $ rigs cant believe what they can do & where they can go!!!
Old 04-22-2014, 08:07 AM
Heavy Contributor

I loved mine stock. I went mod crazy anyway, but it was nice out of the box. My only complaint with the stock form was a rear axle bearing that failed at about 43 miles on the odometer. It was an easy change once I got the old bearing housing off (borrow a slide hammer), and I took it as an opportunity to replace them with more expensive and better bearings.
Taida 4V head with 23/22mm valves, forged 4V piston,Taida 62mm jug,forged Taida 8200 KDU stroker crank, Koso high-flow oil pump, Taida case half w/ oil cooler ports, Setrab oil cooler,TrailTec Vapor, Mikuni VM26-606, aluminum 30mm intake, Uni filter, aluminum stack, Hammerhead racing exhaust, MotoRio adjustable CDI/HO Coil, Iridium plug, Full Dr Pulley CVT kit w/ 16g sliders, JD's Mikuni slide kit

2014 Kandi 90B
Old 04-23-2014, 03:42 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailmaster View Post
I am thinking about buying a new one. I am just trying to get something that is decent. I don't want to end up with a piece of junk like I keep hearing about with the cheap Chinese buggies. This all stated out by looking for a go Kart for my daughters. I wanted to get something American made, but it appears that they are all made in China. Now I have evolved into getting a Kart for me and my wife and one for the kids. Talk about addiction!!!

yep you are correct they are ALL chinese and the chinese are really the only ones manufacturing them. the trailmasters are the exact same buggy as the Hammerheads and this variation of the 150 motor identical in the two of them and the ASW carbide. most of the parts are swappable. i have seen a defective TM motor and had to rebuild it for a customer, there was a flaw in the casting in the motor but the motor is made by Hammerhead and i'm pretty sure this guy just hit the poop lottery and got a lemon by chance. if you were going to buy new i wouldnt say that between the three of those that one is heads or tails better than the other. ive never bought a new buggy nor would i because i just cant keep my grinder, saw and welder away from on. but if your a handy guy who thinks you wouldnt be happy w/ performance limitations long then i would say scope some used ones. you might save alot of money and if you are handy and never satisfied there wont be any cutter's remorse.

"LUCIFER" JOYNER JD400,
CROSSHAMMER 250R,
YERF GX150,
CROSSFIRE MBX150,
BMS 800V-TWIN
'16 RZR 900s ,
'17 ACE 900XC,
'99KX250,
'94 KDX200,
'18 SSR SR170TX

Old 04-26-2014, 08:52 PM

did anyone notice the date the last time this person posted on here? LOL
Old 04-29-2014, 11:25 AM

damn I didn"t mean to break up the party. lol
Old 04-29-2014, 12:04 PM
Contributor

Way to empty the keg zman! I cant say I noticed the dates he posted. I usually just respond if its at the top of the homepage.

Hammerhead 250GTS
White Torque and Clutch Springs, 18g Rollers, R2C Filter, Ported Polished and Shaved Head, Hammerhead Exhaust
Old 04-29-2014, 03:47 PM

sorry MB I will get us another keg. LOL Check out my thread on chain oiler and see what you think.