BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 09-18-2010, 04:49 PM
Lurker

Default Tomberlin Crossfire Camshaft selection

I am getting ready to tear down and modify my GY6 crossfire 150R Buggy. I have the 62mm big bore kit and large valve cylinder head, a massive 8mm stroker crank, MRP large racing exhaust, oil cooler and catch tank, and the DR2 variator and racing clutch with multiple springs and weights. Here in Florida, where we ride, the land is pretty flat, but sugar sand is plentiful. I have the A-9 camshaft, which I thought would be good because the increased displacement, generally helps offset loss of lower midrange torque. Most websites state the A-9 is best for acceleration. After further reviews, I am wondering if a A-11 or A-12 cam may be better suited. I would like to install the right camshaft once. Most forums are for lightweight scooters used on the pavement, so the A-9 may not be the best selection for this heavy buggy. Does anyone have a similer build, that have experimented with different camshafts? Thanks.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:09 PM
Contributor

I ran a 180, port and polish head with stiff valve springs, a12 cam, 30mm slide carb, 12g sliders, yellow main, prodigy clutch, stock sproket, and 24in mudlites. As my name say's I'm in Orlando. I could dig those tires in with no issues in the sand and still run about 40