BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 07-04-2010, 12:00 PM
Lurker

Talking Suspension upgrades

Does anyone know of any suspension upgrades for the baja dn150 I am looking to do front and rear. Any info would be helpful.
Thanks
Old 07-05-2010, 06:28 AM
Contributor

Have you got a welder, minimum? Sawzall, portable bandsaw, drilll, grinders, lathe...whatcha got? How well equipped is your shop. Not knowing how you are equipped could make some answers look as though they are for an astute professional machinist, while others could insult a 15 year old.

Hard to say, not knowing your skill level, or tool preparedness for such a project, cause there is always more than one road, to the same destination.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:06 AM
Lurker

I can handle my own around the garage. I was posting to see if others had done anything that might put me down the right road, as to what works and what did not for them.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:35 AM
Contributor

If your looking for a simple shock up-grade then 14in blaster shocks on the rear. You'll either have to grind the eye's down or do like me and just make new mounts. I did'nt like the heat on the bushing with grinding and they eye did'nt want to just slide out. On the front you'll want some arctic cat shocks or ds650 shocks. They will be 18in eye to eye. If you want more technical then add good heims and hi-miss spaces to the a-arms and the swing arm maybe. Or we can get more extreme but I'll let you ask for a chop/cut/rebuild
Old 07-05-2010, 11:43 AM
Contributor

Hey Chuck, still just in my scrap drawings....but think about this, a set of 11" travel M/C fork legs, custom machined attachment points to and bottom, resprung and revalved, and as much or more travel as the Fox 4.0's at 1/3 the cost.... 22" of rear suspension travel could be done Porsche 930 CV's.....

But back on subject, I'm gonna defer to Chuckie on this one, longer shocks should definitely be the first step, and as he's been there and done that, I can't see going any further than what he'd let you know.