BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 08-30-2010, 04:59 PM
Lurker

Default Still having problems

My sons Carbide is still having problems. It was working fine all weekend then Sunday it started running bad. It did this before and I thought it was from him rolling it and oil and gas got in the carb (Oil from the crankcase breather had soaked the filter). It starts right up and will idle all day, but as soon as you give it gas it boggs down and stalls.

My thought is the choke is sticking? I dont know what else it could be. The thing is only a month old, stock jetting and exhaust still.

Any help is appriciated
Old 08-30-2010, 05:24 PM
Administrator

First thing I would be doing is checking the jets in the carb. When the jets get clogged, for any reason whatsoever, it will do exactly as you just said.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:55 AM
Supporting Vendor

Do you have this problem when engine is cold? When you run the engine cold the cold engine fuel enricher is retracted and you are getting extra fuel thru the enrichment jet. As the engine warms the 6 to 8 volts running to the enrichment acctuator heats the capulary which than allows the needle to expand until it eventually blocks off the enrichment jet. If your fuel enrichment is bad the engine will run fine cold but not when hot do to a very rich mixture. If this describes your problem check the power to the fuel enrichment valve making sure its getting power. When he rolled it it could have loosened a connection. The more specific you are with describing the problem the more accurate we can be which will save time and money from not changing unnessasarry parts or time in your labor. TOM
Old 08-31-2010, 06:46 PM
Lurker

The other day it did happen after my son was riding it for a while. I pulled the plug last night and it has a nice grey color to it, not rich, maybe a little light colored. Today it ran fine for a good hour with no problems..I have no idea what is going on. I am going to take the cab apart and clean it this weekend. I have done a lot of carb work...mostly 2 strokes and I am not that familiar with a a fuel enrichment valve, it is not even showing up on the wire diagram...Where does it get the power from?
Old 08-31-2010, 07:22 PM
Supporting Vendor

It basically works the same way as on a slide carb with one exception, on the slide carb it is cable or lever operated but the buggy is activated electronically. On your 2 stroke the cable end at carb has a plunger and needle which when pushed in closes off the enrichment jet, pull the cable and fuel flows thru the enrichment jet. Not sure where it gets its power from you will just have to follow the wires off the enrichment solenoid. On the Blades it pulls 12 volts off the stator and the groung runs thru a resister to cut down on voltage. Never messed with carbide wiring. It is one of those acessories the wiring schematic does not cover for many manufacturers. TOM
Old 09-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Lurker

Thanks for you help. The cart is running fine now. I guess next time it acts up, I will see what the carb is doing