BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 07-29-2018, 10:07 PM
Lite Contributor

Default what can be broken?

I was having issues getting FNR to click into place. I adjusted the shift cables and still had issues. Had to almost "slam" the stick into Forward or Reverse and still didn't click. I used "slam" lightly it was not hard. Once in forward I started going and heard a pop. Now, no matter F N R. I get no click nothing. I first opened the CVT only to find I need to replace belt and clutch. I assumed it was the transmission fork found on right side (opposite side of CVT). Could what happened to me be the cause of belt and clutch? I am avoiding having to open the other side being I am running low on gear oil. After my parts come in and I replace CVT just want to be ready to open other side if need. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-02-2018, 02:40 PM
Administrator

My first question is whether or not your idle is too high. If slamming it into gear popped your CVT components, that is my first thought.
Old 08-02-2018, 10:44 PM
Lite Contributor

I ended up opening the CVT side and replaced all components it seemed all parts were rough. They came in today and will see what next. I do appreciate thus far having questions to almost every component to this machine and always getting a "educated" suggestion. By trade I am a IT guy. Just made comment to gf that it has been 2 months since I have looked at newegg website. I will continue this OP if after installing the new CVT I am just hoping I don't have to replace the shifting fork.
Old 08-03-2018, 07:22 AM
Heavy Contributor

Can't you check it without the belt? Roll the buggy and see if the shaft rotates in the appropriate direction, shift repeat.