BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 04-20-2018, 06:30 AM
Lurker

Default Wheel problems

Hi all, I have an old unbranded 2 seater buggy with 150cc gy6. From previous discussions with members I believe its a Gsmoon with a fairly rare engine in that the wheel axles go directly in the gearbox which is part of the engine instead of being chain driven. Anyway my issue is that when I bought it, it came with four steel car wheels with car tyres on them. The wheels are too big and rub on the suspension at the rear and hit the frame at the front when turning. So I want to put on 4 small buggy wheels but I can't seem to find anything on the net, the wheel hubs are four bolt 110mm pcd. I did buy 4 nobbly tyred wheels but they turned out to be 100pcd and I can't find adapters that go 110pcd hub to 100pcd wheel. They would also be too wide so would need spacers also. Does anyone know where I could get 4 small wheels with tyres for it? As its only 150cc I don't want anything big as it probably won't have the power for them. I've also got an 1100cc buggy for the real fast stuff.
Old 04-20-2018, 10:43 AM
Contributor

If it has 4x110 bolt pattern it's a common wheel pattern. I'm running factory honda atv rims on my kinroad. Mine happen to be 11 inch rims and the 23 inch tires are about 1 inch too tall but free tires and rims (I already had them) works fine for me. On the front I use a 1.5 inch spacer because the rims are 2+5 backspacing. On the rear the 5+2 fit fine.

If those car rims are in good shape they are pretty sought after in some groups. It's pretty niche market but I know early rx7 used that pattern. I wouldn't mind to find some for cheap and see if I could fit some motorcycle tires on to run on my trailer.

Last edited by neo71665; 04-20-2018 at 10:48 AM.