BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 02-11-2011, 07:21 PM
Lurker

Default Fire breathing helix 150

Recently put a Uni filter, velocita performance coil, iridium plug and a 130 jet in my helix. I couldnt believe the power increase it was unreal. It will go faster now with two people in it ( two full grown men) that it would stock with one person. this was extremely cheap also i spent 70 dollars on those improvements and it turned my little go kart into a toy kids probly shouldnt play with. Using a GPS we got up to 34 mph on the trail with 460 lbs of dude in the cart. I know we exceed the suggested max wheight but it takes us jammin and smoothly although i would like to get much larger shocks, ********** has 17" asw shocks thinkin that would be bout right any ideas?

Last edited by metalstudman1; 02-11-2011 at 09:12 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:44 AM
Administrator

That's pretty good with that much weight in it. Some poeple have experimented with going to four wheeler shocks. I have seen a lot of people do Yamaha Blaster shocks but some of the best creations are being made using struts off of a Polaris machine like a TrailBlazer.