BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 02-14-2011, 07:42 PM
Lurker

Default HH150 run/stall/run/stall....

Hey all, So as you can see I am new here, just got my HH150 right yesterday and everything was great. Here's my delimma.

So we installed all the mods air/gas/clutch yesterday and she fired right up, back from the dead... Drove her around to fine-tune and everything was great. 8g rollers do great with the 1500 spring for the 150 by the way in case anyone is wondering. So..

Today I was driving around for around 10 min. and it just shuts down like there is not spark or gas maybe. After letting it sit for roughly 2 min. it fires right up and does it all over again. Now I have narrowed it down a little in the little bit of time I have had in between work and I think it might have been as simple as the new gas cap (from a local farm/tractor store) being too tight and not venting. I rode it around for a couple minutes and it did not shut off. I am just trying to think of what else it might be, I will find out more tomm. But was wondering if this has happened to lots of you before and what the fix was.

FYI - Eastern NC running 40pilot/125 jet (brand new carb. put on yesterday)
Iridium plug that looked perfect after tuning.

Could it be the ignition coil??? Sorry for such a long post, any help would be great!!
Old 02-14-2011, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator

I think you're on the right track with the gas cap as I've heard others on the site have similar issues concerning the gas cap- I personally haven't had this issue.I wouldn't think it was the coil.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:54 AM
Administrator

Definately sign of gas cap. Ignition components will do wierd things too but your description would certainly point me to the gas cap first. I've seen it happen before.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:13 PM
Lurker

It was in fact the gas cap. Put a little hole in the top and made it even smaller with a little peice of duct tape (in case it was to much of an opening). Fixed her right up. She's running like a top now and ready for some more mods. Thanks yall for the info ya'll.