BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 07-07-2010, 09:23 AM
Lurker

Default is my Helix 150 a GY6? and overflow hose gear oil?

Purchased the Helix 150cc from a guy who bought it at Tractor Supply. Good condition runs good. Needs minor things like new plug, fresh gas, air filter..I looked in the back where the chain is and a the top of the chain guard is a opening and there was a hose sticking in there looking like it was pushing out gear oil maybe? I noticed the end of the hose was severed roughly and not cleanly cut..anyone know anything about it? Also Iv seen these buggies referred to as a lot of different things.. Mine says Fox on it, it says Helix on it, it says Manco or something on it..is it a GY6? is it a FOX HELIX? I don't know- sounds stupid but I'd like to get to the bottom of this lol
Old 07-07-2010, 09:25 AM
Lurker

also anyone recommend any inexpensive and simple performance parts? and I need a starter relay, who will deliver that the fastest? Manufacturer or another dealer?
Old 02-11-2011, 07:17 PM
Lurker

i recently spent 70 dollars at ***********.com and my helix has come alive. it goes faster with two full grown men now than it could possible go with one person stock. I purchased a uni air filter 1 3/4, iridium spark plug, performance coil, and a 130 jet. Took me about an hour with installing everything and retuning my idle. Here is a little hint, the tube that runs from your carb to your air box remove that from the stock air box ( if you get a uni filter) attach the uni filter to the end where the air box should have been, its a tight fit but just work it on there. Im telling you your buggy will come alive, with a gps we clocked 34 mph with two men ( one 215 lbs the other 255) i know we exceed the max wheight but hey its fun

Last edited by metalstudman1; 02-11-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:42 AM
Administrator

The hose sounds like the one that comes out of the rear end. It is really just a breather hose from your transmission. It should be positioned so that the end of it is above the transmission so all of your tranny oil doesn't run out.

Fox/Manco/American Sportworks are all the same thing essentially. American Sportworks owns Manco now who use to distribute the Fox branded Helix machines. It is in fact a GY6 if it is a Helix.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:38 PM
Lurker

I wanna get a uni filter and new performance coil what jet should i use, and if i gut the exaust to.. i live in California by Sacramento so idk what jet i should need.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:24 AM
Supporting Vendor

As Buggymastert has said the hose you speak of is a vent for the final drive transmission. Overfilling the unit will cause oil to run out the tube. As far as jet size, what elevation are you in Sacramento? At sealevel and slightly above a 123 main jet with a UNI and opened exhaust is what I use here in Mississippi @ 600' above sea level. Elevation will make a difference as to what jet you will use. Another mod to considder is the CVT but this will depend on your driving and terrain. Hill climbing will mod differently than trail ridding.

TOM