BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 05-15-2011, 07:08 PM
Lurker

Default SunL Buggy not getting spark

I have a SunL buggy with GY6 engine that is not getting any spark. was hoping someone may have some input or may have experienced this before.

All input is appreciated and thanks.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:29 PM
Administrator

Well there are a lot of things that can cause that. Have you gone over your wiring to make sure all the connections are good? We lost spark on ours once only to fine that one of the wires lost its connection at the coil. Simple fix.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:27 PM
Lurker

Default Re: SunL Buggy not getting spark

I appreciate your input and also your website. I did check all the wires and actually took them apart and reconnected them. I will double check them all again though. If you have any other input I sure can use it. What do you think about it being a stator or CDI box. Do you have any good recommendations on a parts dealer or web page that would be appreciated also in case I need parts.

Thanks again for your time,

Dave

Last edited by dave777; 05-15-2011 at 08:27 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 05-15-2011, 08:45 PM
Administrator

How did it die? Were you riding it and it just quit? Or was it running fine. you partked it and went to start it and there was nothing?
Old 05-15-2011, 11:02 PM
Lurker

Default Re:sunl

It was my brothers and we were using it about 2 years ago when gas started leaking out of carb. So he parked it in his garage and after 2 years I finally convinced him to give it to me. The battery is holding a charge and I fixed the carb and someone put a spark test on it and its barely recieving a spark. So to give you a shorter answer to your ?. Yes it was running fine 2 years ago and then parked and nothing was done to it until now.

Thanks again for your input,

Dave