BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 03-04-2011, 09:20 AM
Lurker

Default best clutch for my hammerhead

I Have just replaced my bad rings buy replacing the hole topend.With a big bore kit,New racing head,valves and cam.Also a 32mm carb and intake.Now I want a real good clutch for hills and speed.What is the best bang for the buck the Hit clutch or the KOsco delta clutch.I know you have a lot of adjustments to both but what do you think is the best so I can order a new one soon.Thank
Old 03-04-2011, 01:38 PM
Administrator

Talk to Tom at SYCPowersports. He has likely tried most combinations.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:21 PM
Heavy Contributor

Keep stock clutch arm springs and clutch assembly but use a red torque spring and 12g slider weights. My GY6 was running the OEM clutch for over six years with no noticeable wear.

I will note that I had the 13/40 final transmission gear set, 13t engine sprocket and 39t axle sprocket for super low gearing running 22" Zipper tires.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:11 AM
Contributor

the stock clutch can handle the power, if you want to up grade I would go with the koso
Old 03-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Supporting Vendor

Depending on how steep your hills are, in most cases the stock clutch is fine with yellow torque spring,red clutch springs and some lighter rollers. You could give me a call or e-mail me to let me know a bit more of the terrain you will mostly be driving, this will give us the info needed to make the best possible adjustments.

TOM
Old 03-06-2011, 09:04 PM
Lurker

I ride alot on hills on our family land .Not real high maybe 100 yards long,But just looking for a clutch I can tune a little better than stock.I have changed weights and have red main spring.A high preformance variator.May worries are the boys will glaze the clutch bell or something.And I have alot off mods but the clutch.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:47 AM
Lurker

I have preformance cylinder head,32mm carb and intake,high preformance CDI,and coil,And a A9 preformance cam.Also a uni filter.Also may play around with jets and get a 39 tooth rear.Some of the hills a steep but not real steep as to roll over.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:49 AM
Supporting Vendor

What size bigbore, and cam were installed? What kind of head? The hit clutch is a very good clutch used primarily for racing. The clutch will not give you any more speed however. Prodigy also makes a fine clutch, it utilizes carbon fibre in its pads and will run 60deg. cooler on average. The Hit and Koso clutches allow for finer tunning of the clutch which makes it more applicable for racing where seconds count.You can turn a clutch bell blue due to excessive heat just as easy with any clutch. The more horsepower the engine has the less slippage the clutch will have when under extreme loads, it matters not what clutch you have.

TOM
Old 03-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Lurker

We put a 155 kit,A performance race head with extra large ports.And A9 spec sports camshaft.We got a 32MM carb but haven't got the gy6 intake riser yet.We got it up and runing but only short runs in driveway.Have not ran it much.Was waiting on riser to install new carb.We have a 3rd gen racing clutch in it now.Just look for something better.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:50 PM
Supporting Vendor

Give me a call and we can get you fixed up.

TOM 662-301-1563
Old 03-09-2011, 10:16 AM
Lurker

Tom;
I got the buggy loaded up and took it for a ride yesterday down on our family land .I was happy with the rebuild of the top end.I didn't want to run to hard,but did open it up a few times and ran some hills.It over all was a new machine.was hooking up nicely and throwing dirt on the take off.So I think I may wait on the clutch for now.The one on it is only a year old and looks fine.The new lighter rollers and variator seems to do a good job.But when I need something I will give you a call.I did bring it home and go over it to see if anything came loose or anything and change oil again to besure everthing was fine.Now I have a street bike carbs to clean, plugs,and oil to change,warmer weather is coming .Thanks