BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 03-29-2011, 08:40 PM
Lurker

Angry sunl slgk-150 wont start help!

Hi everyone I have a slgk-150 no spark at the coil. I have juice from the stator (new Stator) going to the CDI, from the CDI nothing to coil, I have replaced the CDI twice, thinking I may have got a bad one from the factory. Coil is new, battery is new, I am starting to look at all wiring and grounds now, I replaced the kill switch too. The coil ground doesnt look that great but I have seen worse......what should I do next?
Old 03-30-2011, 12:49 PM
Lurker

Make sure, absolutely sure, you have the right kind of CDI for your buggy, some are AC and some are DC, I would check that first since you say you have changed it out already. Then check your kill switch wiring since you just replaced that, make sure all wiring is where it's supposed to be. Then I would check to see if there's an additional kill switch somewhere on that particular buggy, on mine, I have to depress the brake fully before it will start.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:43 PM
Lurker

I have a xingguang model PM200507 CDI that was on the kart when i bought it!
The new one i got a siandianqi 1003 is a 1/2 shorter,dont know if that makes a difference, is there anyway to cross referrence boxes? I checked the stator again nice pulse coming off it, i lose the spark at the CDI. gotta be the wrong one!
Old 03-30-2011, 09:28 PM
Heavy Contributor

The larger CDI's are typically DC powered and the smaller ones are AC . If you apply the apply the wrong voltage to the CDI, it will burn up.

Look at the wires coming from the stator. If the there red/black wire connected, you have an AC powered CDI.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:33 PM
Lurker

my old stator has a red/black and a blue that go into the two plug.Yellow,white and green into the four plug.I have read that if you have two wires going into the two prong plug your CDI is AC, also I have heard that DC CDI are huge, much bigger than AC, there is 1/2 an inch difference between my new one and my old one. Hard to get the right one most websites tell you to use your eye and best judgement, kinda goofy, maybe I am getting my parts from the wrong people. I have been at this for awhile and thank everyone for your advice! like to figure it out- driving me nuts! Thanks again
Old 03-31-2011, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

Call Tom @ SYC powersports- banner at the top iof the page
Old 03-31-2011, 01:17 PM
Heavy Contributor

Yours is AC powered from the description you posted.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:13 PM
Lurker

Talked to Tom at SYC Powersports great guy he talked to me for half a hour! Great guy I think I am on the right track now! Thanks everyone!
Old 04-20-2011, 03:34 PM
Lurker

Still testing all the wiring in that kart getting close I think wish me luck!