BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 04-17-2011, 09:34 AM
Contributor

Default to far to push

yesterday was an eventfull day we were way back on the back of the property cutting trees and brush out for new trail and when lunch started calling and we tried leaving our carbide shocked us every time you gave it gas it booged down as if it were running out of gas tried everything it had gas all was plugged in tried with fuel cap off thinking water in fuel i dumped the tank since it was so far to the truck we put the chainsaw fuel in mind you it didnt have much oil in it and it barely pulled out to the truck we dumped the tank again and put fresh fuel in with the same result. before i could say anything my son while im trying to feather the pedal and get it past the dying point hits the carb (omg) and the darn thing straightened right up guess he scared it since he had a hammer also ( new filter and seafoam ) and yes we did go back to blast that trail with plaesure. But considering thier is a filter on the bottom of the tank on that piece and an inline filter how does trash get to the carb
Old 04-17-2011, 11:54 AM
Heavy Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonniehall72@yahoo.com View Post
yesterday was an eventfull day we were way back on the back of the property cutting trees and brush out for new trail and when lunch started calling and we tried leaving our carbide shocked us every time you gave it gas it booged down as if it were running out of gas tried everything it had gas all was plugged in tried with fuel cap off thinking water in fuel i dumped the tank since it was so far to the truck we put the chainsaw fuel in mind you it didnt have much oil in it and it barely pulled out to the truck we dumped the tank again and put fresh fuel in with the same result. before i could say anything my son while im trying to feather the pedal and get it past the dying point hits the carb (omg) and the darn thing straightened right up guess he scared it since he had a hammer also ( new filter and seafoam ) and yes we did go back to blast that trail with plaesure. But considering thier is a filter on the bottom of the tank on that piece and an inline filter how does trash get to the carb
sounds like the float got stuck A friendly tap freed it up! How trash gets through all the safeguards is one of those unexplainables but it happens from time to time. Ethenol gas is a big culprit. The additives erode fuel lines and other rubber fuel components. there is ethenol friendly fuel line to be had at the local auto part counter now but some of the carb componets are going to deteriate at a faster rate while using this fuel.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:01 PM
Contributor

i allwats buy gas at the same place if it is at all posible and the say they are ethanol free. probly dont mean much but we try