BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 05-16-2011, 06:42 AM
Lurker

Default Carter Bros Talon Ignition

Hello All, Newbie here. Trying to fix a friends Talon 150. He got it cheap, was told it needed a "tune up" (carb) and never heard it run but thought it looked COOL and he had to have it. Drops it off at my house and what do I see, 7 wires at dash exposed. He was told to put 2 wires together and touch another to them and thats how they had run it.
I purchased an ignition switch from NAPA after learning of Carter Bros. fire and NO PARTS AVAIL. anymore. I did have success in getting the motor to run yesterday, BUT as soon as I release the key from ignition it quits running.
If you have a TALON please look at ign. switch and advise wire colors please. I do not have the kill switch push button hooked up. At the moment I am utilizing Yell.-red, Green and Green w-wht. on the ign. switch, the other 4 wires are taped off. This Talon has 3 electric options on the dash, Ign Switch-kill button and headlight switch.
At dash I have total of 7 wires,
Yell. w-red
Green
green w-white
green w-white
brown
red
black w- white
ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:13 AM
Lurker

Check out the Talon service manual, page 72, for the electrical wiring diagram. I'm sure there is a copy posted on this site some where.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:57 AM
Lurker

Thanks, will do