BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 03-28-2014, 03:50 PM
Lurker

Default Carbide 150cc 7150 Engine/Parts Questions

I just Bought a Carbide 150cc the older fox one. I am replacing ASM Shift Gear Cluster #14300 and Final Drive Shaft #14301. Who is better to order from ASW or Gokartsusa? Where are parts made Taiwan, China? I know ASW is a little more expensive. Whats more reliable? Also ill get a pic up but I have an oil cooler hose that come from underneath Spark plug and loops back next to itself about 2" away, spring steel around a hose that looks like an oil cooler hose. is that supposed to be there? Thank You, Jordan
Old 03-28-2014, 04:21 PM

Welcome to the forum. I think that you will be pleased with the Carbide. I know I am.
I like the shot wheel base and the overall look of it. It does really well on the tight technical trails by my house.

Now I could be wrong but I think the parts are the same from the two companies. I think GK USA is a whole sale. ASW is very reliable, great customer service and has high standards . I am not sure where the parts are made.
Yes that hose is suppose to be there.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:16 PM
Lurker

Thanks for the info. If I were to change the rim size to 10x8 (3+5) 4 110 in the rear and 10x5 (3+5) 4 110 in the front. On 23" tires 8" wide rear 7" front would I lose alot of my lowend? What would I do to compensate? I can go 22" if necessary. I drive somewhat hilly terrain. Flat I am topping out at 49 mph, thats before I ate my Final shaft gear and Cluster. During teardown I found an axle bearing to be incredibly tough to spin and am replacing it. There doesn't appear to be any axle damage from seized bearing. Yet my hubs are wobbly, would that be axle worn or hub worn? Thank You, Jordan

Last edited by velocikid; 03-28-2014 at 05:31 PM. Reason: added
Old 03-28-2014, 07:35 PM

If you really want those size wheels and they fit, you would want to compensate.
The best bang for your buck would be to change the cam, go for lighter weights in the cvt, put a larger axle sprocket on, and a smaller final gear sprocket.
I have not done my sprockets yet do I am unsure of the teeth count on those. Cvt you would want maybe 10 gram sliders and a 1500-2000 rpm main spring.
The cam you would want to go an a-12 or a13.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:29 AM
Lurker

Just for reference, I ordered a new seat headrest for my Carbide from GoKartsRus and the box was shipped from ASW.

Hammerhead Performance Exhaust
Uni Filter
Performance Coil
38 Pilot / 135 Main Jet
Yellow Spring
11 gram Sliders
2500 lb Winch
Old 04-01-2014, 02:31 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbide-Ohio View Post
Just for reference, I ordered a new seat headrest for my Carbide from GoKartsRus and the box was shipped from ASW.
Yeah I ordered the parts I needed from GoKartsRus. Shortly after I noticed a disclaimer stating some parts are special order, may take 2-3 weeks.. NOOO! I cant wait 2 weeks to Carbide. How long did it take after you ordered?
Old 04-02-2014, 06:18 AM
Lurker

My things came in 3-4 days.

Hammerhead Performance Exhaust
Uni Filter
Performance Coil
38 Pilot / 135 Main Jet
Yellow Spring
11 gram Sliders
2500 lb Winch
Old 04-02-2014, 06:57 AM
Power User

23s are pretty tall for a 150, 22's would be a better choice. Unless you really change up the sprocket ratios, the 23s will put a lot of strain on the belt on takeoff and going up the hills
Old 04-02-2014, 10:28 AM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bird View Post
23s are pretty tall for a 150, 22's would be a better choice. Unless you really change up the sprocket ratios, the 23s will put a lot of strain on the belt on takeoff and going up the hills
Yes after doing some research and measuring the stock tires are only 18.5" at most, So I decided to go with 22". Thanks for your input
Old 04-02-2014, 10:33 AM
Lurker

Bearing Racer still stuck in Transmission Half. I am tempted to just order a new one for $50 #14297 Outer Trans Half.. Any Ideas?