BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 02-19-2013, 10:50 AM
Lurker

Lightbulb SLGK-160 not starting

Good morning.... I'm new to the world of buggies.. I hope you guys can help me out. I bought a used buggy for my son but it does not want to start. I have a few questions. The buggy is a SUNL SLGK-160 (similar to Roketa GK 28W I believe). When we try to crank it, it sounds as if it wants to go but doesnt start. I checked and it does have spark. Also, i checked to see if it was getting gas and it seems it is. There are a few things that i am not sure. It has a new carb. Not sure what else to try. I did see that there seems to be missing like a relay or not and i'm wondering if this has anything to do with it. Also, the lights are not coming on. Could there be a fuse besdies the one in the back where all of the electrical cables go? Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0431.jpg (99.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0411.jpg (94.2 KB, 5 views)
Old 02-19-2013, 12:56 PM
Supporting Vendor

First you will want to look at all vital signs since it is used. Do a compression test if it is below 140psi you will have problems getting it to run. Adjust the valves .003 Intake, .005 Exhaust. They do not loosen as a car does but go the opposite way, tighten. If too tight it can hold the valve open thus loosing compression, so before comp. test adjust the valves. What color is your spark? It should be bright blue, white is weak yellow is almost nonexistant. Even if the carb is new, if it has been sitting for some time (3 weeks or longer) with the ethonal blended fuel most use these days it can be in need of cleanning. But again adj. valves first then do a compression test. On many buggies lights will not come on until engine is running since they run off the stator.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:37 PM

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
Old 02-19-2013, 04:18 PM
Heavy Contributor

YEH.......What they said. Welcome to the addiction.

SYC Perf head P&P,Matched intake and exhaust, A12 cam, Orange CDI & coil, Motorio pulley, 115mm Variator and lightweight drive face,11gm Sliders, UNI, modded muffler + 200 horsepower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hx-hEWl10c
I'll take your insults as compliments and blame it on your lack of intelligence.