BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Off Topic and Other Forums > ATV, Dirt bike and UTV Reviews

ATV, Dirt bike and UTV Reviews Reviews for various ATV's, Dirt bikes and UTV's.

Old 09-20-2009, 05:27 PM
Administrator

Default BuggyMasters Review: Suzuki LT80 Kids Quad

I know we are a mini buggy forum but I feel there may be parents trying to figure out which mini four wheeler would be the one to get so I will review two of the ones we have owned, the LT80 and the Polaris Predator 90.

I can't say enough good things about this four wheeler. Here's a fact: Suzuki kept this design for nearly 20 years changing the electronics in about 2000 and changing color for the plastic various times. The reason this is so good is in the unikely event that you need parts, they are available all over the place and for cheap (supply and demand).

We have had several of these and have flat out zero complaints. My son beats his to death and it keeps on coming back for more.

There are two cons about these that you need to be aware of. The first is the fact that there is no reverse. More of a bummkind of thing that it doesn't have that. The bigger con that you should be aware of is that they use the engine/transmission assembly as the swingarm! This leads to two problems of its own: The rear suspension is kinda stiff and more importantly, if bigger kids have been jumping the crap out it it, this becomes the weak spot. Replacing a cracked case is a big job and even used, they are expensive. Find one that has not been abused by a kid too big to be riding and jumping it, and you are golden. These things will treat you very very well.

Other than that mentioned, we love this machine and have nothing bad to say about them. Good for a kid of even an adult however if you are an adult, don't be hitting constant, massive, jumps on it.

Suzuki finally changed the design in 2006 (maybe 2007..can't remember exactly) to a great looking, but four stroke. The two stroke will run circles around the four stroke. Would have been a home run had they kept the more powerful two stroke and put it in the cooler looking newer design.

Pros: Very dependable. Fast. Kids love it and it's affordable. Find them everywhere for good price.

Cons: No reverse. Rear suspension can be damaged and expensive to fix. Look around the rear of the tranny case for any cracks. Grab rear of machine make sure it does not sway excessivly.

Overall BuggyMasters Rating: 8 out of 10

We really love this machine.