BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 06-10-2011, 09:41 PM
Lite Contributor

Default New Hammerhead Owner... :)

Well guys, I sold my carbide and picked up a used 250cc Hammerhead SS with only 180 miles on it, its just like new. Haven't got a chance to take it for a ride yet to see what its like.

The only thing I could find wrong with it is the right speaker isn't working. I tested the ohms on both speakers and it was 4.3 on both. I used two different set of wires to connect the two speakers together and still didn't work. Is there a way to test the speaker to see if it still works? Is there a way I could test the RCA jack on the left speaker?

Thanks in Advance.
Jamie
Old 06-11-2011, 07:35 AM
Contributor

congrats on the new buggy.
i took my speaker off because unless you are sitting still you can't hear them anyway.
DR. PULLEY VARIATOR
RED MAIN
17g ROLLERS
12T/45T SPROCKETS
IRIDIUM PLUG
HP CDI & COIL
LED LIGHTS

ASW CARBIDE
UNI
12g SLIDERS
RED MAIN
39T SPROCKET (coming soon)
Old 06-11-2011, 08:54 AM
Lite Contributor

I will probably never use the speakers but I'm the kind of person that need to fix the problem or it will bug the crap out of me.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:24 PM
Contributor

exactly!! i'm the same way so i fixed mine by taking them off.
DR. PULLEY VARIATOR
RED MAIN
17g ROLLERS
12T/45T SPROCKETS
IRIDIUM PLUG
HP CDI & COIL
LED LIGHTS

ASW CARBIDE
UNI
12g SLIDERS
RED MAIN
Old 06-12-2011, 07:17 PM
Lite Contributor

Went for the first ride on my new buggy today, a total of 112 miles. All I can say is WOW, this buggy is so more better then my carbide.

I just have a couple question. What should the top speed be.? I'm getting around 42 to 44mph.. What performance mod do everyone recommend doing?
Old 06-12-2011, 07:30 PM
Administrator

I don't think that is too far off for the hammerhead but is that just what the speedometer is showing? I am yet to see one of these machines with an accurate speedo. Try a GPS and see what it says. You did 112 miles in one riding session?
Old 06-13-2011, 07:55 AM
Lite Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuggyMaster View Post
I don't think that is too far off for the hammerhead but is that just what the speedometer is showing? I am yet to see one of these machines with an accurate speedo. Try a GPS and see what it says. You did 112 miles in one riding session?
I did do one test run with my GPS before the batteries died on me, the speedo was read 35mph (56km/h) and my GPS was reading 55km/h so the speedo reading is close. I read the spec about the hammerhead 250ss on a website (can't remember which one) and it said the top speed was 61mph. I was disappointed yesterday when I could only get 40 to 42mph.

Yup, me and the wife did 112 miles yesterday in one riding session. Most of it was just riding on the old woods road back in the country, but we also did a bit of off roading, which was super fun, and did a bit of fishing. Can't wait for next weekend so we can do it again.

What mods would be the best to do to get better acceleration and mid range?
Old 06-13-2011, 08:37 AM
Contributor

a stock hammerhead 250 with no mods will do an avg. of 45mph on flat ground. with mods come speed and or better low end.
DR. PULLEY VARIATOR
RED MAIN
17g ROLLERS
12T/45T SPROCKETS
IRIDIUM PLUG
HP CDI & COIL
LED LIGHTS

ASW CARBIDE
UNI
12g SLIDERS
RED MAIN
Old 06-13-2011, 10:04 AM
Lurker

You can simply use a 9V battery and connect across your speaker terminal. If you see motor excursion then the speaker is fine. Check all connections back to amp using same battery. If you trace all the way back and it seems good your amp could be fried.