BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 11-16-2011, 06:08 PM
Lurker

Default Axle Slack

Recently bought an old Manco Deuce and I am in the process of upgrading to hydraulic brakes. The new rotors fit differently so I am having to make new spacers so....is there supposed be some slack or side to side movement in the axel or is the purpose of the spacers to make everything tight? I dont want to do any damage to the transaxle by having the wrong amount either way.
The transaxle is a Comet 40. TIA
Old 11-16-2011, 06:36 PM
Contributor

hey there. i dont think there should be any slack. i believe it would cause exesive chain or belt wear, not to menstion the damage it would do to your new brake set up.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:49 PM
Lurker

Thanks Jet - I was concerned about the transaxle, never considered the brakes. Looks like I'll be making some new spacers! D
Old 11-16-2011, 09:12 PM
Contributor

if ya got a little cash you could find a place localy that sells bearings and get some that wont fail like the old ones,maybe a hardend steel or some thing. thats what i did with mine. but make sure they dont over lap the inner part of the bearing.(the part that slides on the axel its self.)