BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 04-15-2012, 07:15 AM
Heavy Contributor

Default I Don't get it!!!

I follow these buggy builds on the forum. I see you guys doing some pretty intensive work! I spend approximately a day per week on my project and sometimes it looks, after hours work, I haven't touched it. Some of these projects appear as though some buggy god comes in during the night and waves some magical wand. You guys got a pocket full of midget helpers or what? Wham-bam! your off and running while mines still sitting on the table! What's wrong with this story???

Go ahead RICH1!!!!!! let me hold it! I know you're not gonna step off this one
Old 04-15-2012, 09:04 AM
Power User

I know the feeling; i watched builds go from start to finish while i sat figuring things out and ended up in the same spot i was 5 months earlier. Just a matter of a person's available time, and how hard they're willing to go at it. Add in the equipment one has at hand to work with and you can see why some folks can get things done faster than others. I went hard core on the mini shark, probably worked on that thing 12-16 hours a day, 7 days a week in january. I have from december through end of Feb "off" as my business is seasonal. In that time i basically restored/modified 2 of these things. I'm starting 2x daily shifts in 2 weeks, 6 days a week. It'll take me months to finish the "cosmetics" on the rockhound with that schedule, and that's probably only 20-30 hours worth of work ...
Old 04-15-2012, 10:07 AM
Lite Contributor

I'm just too stupid to do anything fast.....lol
Old 04-15-2012, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckau View Post
I follow these buggy builds on the forum. I see you guys doing some pretty intensive work! I spend approximately a day per week on my project and sometimes it looks, after hours work, I haven't touched it. Some of these projects appear as though some buggy god comes in during the night and waves some magical wand. You guys got a pocket full of midget helpers or what? Wham-bam! your off and running while mines still sitting on the table! What's wrong with this story???

I'd like to order a couple of those midgets!!!!or that wand!!! when you figure out where to get them.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:02 PM

I can't speak about the speed of some people's builds, but what I don't get is how certain companies can be out of stock or have parts on back order for like 6 months and still be in business???
Old 04-17-2012, 06:35 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckau View Post

Anyone can do a project fast . But how long will it hold up ? It takes time and alot of effort to do something right the first time ! Im not going to say it takes you any longer to do things ...but... Im timing you with a Sundial.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:29 PM
Power User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1 View Post
...but... Im timing you with a Sundial.
That was coooooolD man!