BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 10-11-2012, 08:18 PM
Lurker

Default Carter Interceptor 250 CDI

Hello, new to the forum, I am working on this Carter Brothers GTR250 2007 model with a SYM engine for a friend. I can see that the CDI is fried by the exploding capacitor protruding through the epoxy sealer. I would like to know if any of the 6 pin replacement cdi units on the web or on e y would work as long as the connectors are the same and the wiring diagrams are the same. It should be a DC type cdi. Any suggestions or known working replacements?
Thanks
Old 10-12-2012, 10:07 AM

Default syc site

First off, welcome to the fray!, I always say check with Tom @ sycpowersports. He can get u what u need, is very,very knowledgable, and u get a great discount from him for being a member of this forum! keepem rollin bear
Old 10-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Lurker

Thanks for the welcome Bear, and the info. In fact we are in contact and working on the best solution. I hope that any members who have had successful results will post their findings. There are some cdi units with the same wiring but may have different timing curves but that's just an assumption on my part. Thanks again for the reply.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:24 AM
Heavy Contributor

You need a CDI for a SYM250 engine - A CN250 or GY6 CDI will not work. These engines are not popular in the US, but they are used for quads in Europe.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:27 PM
Lurker

Thanks for the inf. I have been looking all over the world for a CDI. I think it may be a 30400-RB1 CDI Unit. It fits a Quadlander 250. I have yet to find one available to the US online but I haven't started emailing or calling yet. If anyone knows of a good resource, let me know please. I am about to try repairing the fried one if I can desolve the epoxie rubber filler.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:45 PM
Heavy Contributor

Mc Donough Power Sports has been good at getting some SYM250 engine parts if you don't see it on line contact the owner of the site. http://mpsracing.net/