BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 09-21-2010, 09:03 PM
Lurker

Default BAJA mini, WOT at Start up- Won't Idle - HELP!!

I dont know if this is the right section to post this question, but I couldn't see anything else that looked like a better spot..

Please help me.

Pick up a Baja Warrior (Homelite 196cc) from a buddy.

It was sitting for 8 or 9 months. I drained all the gas, checked the spark plug, and made sure the float wasnt stuck, filled with gas using another tank, because I am cleaning out the other one. (it got a little rusty)

Try to start it up and it idles, but the governor moves back and forth constantly to get it to stay running, and the back wheel is just spinning away.. Messed around with the governor a bit, and now it only runs when choked, when the choke is released the engine revs up to really really high rpms, and I have to kill it.

So I after doing some research I came across the Buggy Masters YouTube site, and decided to remove the governor completely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJK3HgOs1Gs

Refilled with new oil, assembled everything. Added return Spring.

Fire it up with choke on and its revving high rpms, when I release the choke it goes to REALLY high rpms, before dying, and still the back wheel is spinning like crazy....

Long story short, how do I get the darn thing to idle???

I'm so tired of dealing with it..

Any suggestions??

TY in Advance!
Old 09-22-2010, 08:34 PM
Administrator

Did you see the part of the vid that talked about the return spring? You have to put on a return spring if you take off the governor.